Phoenix Engineering Technologies’ expertise in aerospace engineering brings innovation to aerospace and defense customers across the globe.
Our team of highly skilled engineers provides solutions to our clients worldwide. We respond right away and work with you to solve your needs quickly and cost-effectively.
Our extensive experience in aerospace engineering services include:
Concept Design & Development
Testing & Installation Support
Aircraft Interior Products
Seating Systems (Coach, Business, First Class, VIP, B-Jets), Cabinetry Engineering, Galley Engineering, Lavatories, Class Dividers, Upper Bins, Crew Compartments, Stowage Units, Floor panels, Sidewall Panels, Window Systems, Ballistic Door Panels, Doors
- LOPA arrangement
- Integration with A/C Interface
- FDB & PFDB integration
- Seat track fittings
- Sidewall integration
- Concept design
- Detail / Structure / Assembly design
- Systems design
- IFE system / Electrical system
- Mechanism design / Simulation
- Human ergonomics
- Design reviews and optimization
- Installation sequence for LRU’s
- Upholstery / Trim & Finish
- FEA analysis / Certification reports
- Floor / Top attachments
- General arrangement
- Floor fittings
- Top / Side attachments
- Engineering drawings
- Part & Assembly drawings
- LOPA & Installation drawings
- NC programming
- Process planning & material optimization
- Digital & animated work instructions
- Tool Design- Layup mold/ machining/assembly / bounding fixture
- Acceptance test plans
- Qual Plans
- Maintenance manuals (CMM/SB/TR/WDM/PC) & Aftermarket support
- Refrigeration system
- System integration
- Plumbing / Refrigeration system
- GA & Installation drawings
Auto – ICE, EV and Heavy
PET’s team of experienced engineers brings a vast range of capabilities, from design and development, prototyping, and testing to manufacturing assembly.
Our services include:
- Concept development
- Structural design
- Electrical design
- Cooling System Design
- Thermal Analysis
- Enclosure Design
- Schematic and board design
- Prototype Building
- Diagnostics and prognosis
- Isolation Measurement
- Sensing systems
- Powertrain simulation
- EV/HEV control development
- Vehicle testing
- Assembly tooling
- Battery Management System
- Software integration and system design
Our world-class team of engineers leads the industry in the design and engineering of all interiors, powertrain, hybrid, and electric vehicles, covering all phases of product development. Our expertise with EREV and BEV powertrains, battery technology, and microturbine extenders, combined with our work ethic, commitment to safety, and regulation standards make us the perfect partner
PET’s technical teams interact with high-level design teams to integrate current, next-generation technology, and advanced engineering to shape the future electric and hybrid vehicles. We will manage the entire engineering program, including manufacturing assembly, vehicle integration, development, and testing. Our team brings an immeasurable experience in HEV, PHEV, EREV, and BEV engineering concepts, theory, and applications to your project to develop optimal solutions
Scope of work includes:
- Define and analyze fundamental electrochemistry of battery operation and performance requirements for HEV, PHEV, EREV, and fully electric vehicle applications
- Estimate the size of a cell to meet a specific requirement
- Create a cradle-to-grave, or cradle-to-use list of materials used in any type of automotive battery
- Compute the temperature response of battery cell and pack assemblies for a simple model
- Describe the functions performed by a Battery Management System (BMS)
- Apply the operation of brushless dc and induction motors to HEV and EV vehicles
- Define the torque-speed curves for motors and the application to electric and hybrid electric vehicles
PET provides cutting-edge process automation technology for factory automation process, industrial, pharmaceutical, and other industrial manufacturing plants—including work on automate systems, material handling systems, and utility systems.
Combining engineering services, instrument services, assist shop-fabricated control panels, and complete design-build system installation services, PET offers some of the most comprehensive plant facility automation capabilities in the marketplace today.
Additionally, our talented Automation Engineering Team provides expeditious project scoping, accurate cost estimates, complete equipment specifications, detailed scheduling, and skilled project management.
- Food and beverage processing
- General engineering
- Water and wastewater
- AI – Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Ethernet networks
- Server data management
- Integrated plant floor and front office data collection
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) implementation
- Batching systems
- Recipe management
Solutions for Scalability
To help eliminate system integration dead ends from the onset, PET develops innovative automation engineering plans that help meet current requirements while scaling to match customer growth.
PET Automation Engineering Team self-performs each aspect of the job, including design-build functions, panel assembly, installation, and training—all without the use of subcontractors. Managing your project from start to finish streamlines the schedule, controls costs, avoids duplicated efforts, and optimizes internal coordination—providing our customers with single-source project solutions.
We have extensive experience programming PLC and HMI software packages. Our team takes your facility’s current controls systems and licensing into account when working to develop a solution that is right for you.
Process Controls and Facility Automation Capabilities
- Process control plan and automation design and implementation
- Hardware integration and software development
- Instrumentation specification and calibration
- Control panel design and fabrication
- Process network design
- Installation, calibration, and startup
- PLC, HMI, OEE, Batching, MES, MRP and ERP implementation
Embedded Systems Software Engineering
Embedded systems are typically popular in medical science, consumer electronics, manufacturing science, aviation, automotive, and communication technology. A typical embedded system requires a wide range of programming tools, microprocessors, and operating systems. Embedded software engineering, performed by embedded software engineers, needs to be tailored to the needs of the hardware that it must control and run on.
Engineering and R&D Services (Embedded Software)
PET is a leader in developing embedded software and systems for various industries and domains. We have expertise in safety-critical embedded systems with more than 20 years of cumulative experience in developing small footprint and safety-critical embedded systems for Medical Devices, Automotive Electronics, communication, and Aircraft Components. We use our Direct Support Professional (DSP) expertise and IPs to develop fast embedded middleware, rich applications, and interactive Graphical User Interface (GUI) for consumer electronics, computer peripherals and telecom products. Our embedded systems group comprises of a large talent pool of engineers and equipped with competencies in a range of programming tools, microprocessors, and real-time operating systems. We implement AI and Machine learning technics in embedded systems.
Engineering and R&D Services (Hardware)
At PET we offers domain-specific hardware engineering and design services in VLSI ASIC, FPGA, and SoC engineering, board design, embedded software, mechanical engineering, and design, prototyping, and value-added engineering services such as compliance engineering, independent verification and validation and low volume manufacturing. We offer these services for partial lifecycle product engineering and for full lifecycle solutions.
Industrial Engineering and Production Design
PET is a full-service Industrial Engineering helping clients in a variety of fields to improve their productivity, flexibility, and competitive situation. In industrial engineering, PET believes there is no such thing as a “stock” solution. Our engineering toolkit features diverse capabilities, from work measurement to facility and strategic planning. We have precisely the right tools and expertise to work with your team to enhance productivity and build profits for your situation.
- Production relationships / philosophy
- General capacity / capital requirements
- Space allocation and planning
- Plant layout and vision
- Create current state process maps for each product family
- Conduct functional area relationship assessment
- Develop general capacity plan
- evelop general space analysis
- Prepare conceptual facility layout options
- Detail design for all flows
- Visual control
- Flexible use of all assets
- Appropriate plan for all working capital
- Effective performance design
- Identify product families and demand variation
- Perform detailed work sampling / measurement of production
- Develop current state summary / opportunity assessment
- Develop detailed equipment capacity analysis
- Perform detailed storage space requirements analysis Plan for every parts (PFEP)
- Develop detailed plant layout
- Develop detailed work design
- Develop future state process map
- Performance to design
- Continuous improvement
- Launch success
- Shop floor design adjustments
- Production philosophy support
- Supervision & production support education
- Performance passion
PET has been providing quality marine engineering services over 20 years experienced:
Core services include interiors design, Finite Element Analysis, Spectral Fatigue Analysis of tankers and container ships, structural modification design, construction drawing development, on-site engineering support and more.
We have worked closely with our clients on a wide variety projects that have produced economical and innovative engineering solutions that have met or exceeded expectations.
Many of our projects have utilized finite element analysis, spectral fatigue analysis and many years of real world experience which has led to structural engineering solutions that have significantly increased the service life of oil tankers, container ships and other marine structures.
FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS (FEA)
Static and Quasi-Static Assessments of Marine Structures
PET uses a FEA approach that quantifies the effects of extreme design loads and predicts the relative likelihood of failure due to over-stress and buckling. Candidate modifications addressing areas of concern are also simulated to optimize and ensure their effectiveness.
PECTRAL FATIGUE ANALYSIS
FEA-Based Fatigue Life Assessment of Ship Structure at Global and Local Levels
PET uses a spectrum of over 500 load cases accounting for varying wave height, wave heading, draft, and non-linear waterline effects; then incorporates either measured or Class-defined weather data. Loads are derived based on hull-form simulation in hydrodynamic software. Full-ship modeling is used to capture global loads which are then applied to local detail models providing accurate fatigue life predictions for as-built structure and potential modifications.
CRACK PROPAGATION ANALYSIS
Accurate Crack Growth Rate Predictions
The FEA-based approach used by PET accounts for the load shedding that occurs during crack growth in redundant structure, providing predictions more accurate than purely theory-based assessments, and assisting with quantifying relative urgency of repair and identifying optimal inspection intervals.
NATURAL FREQUENCY ANALYSIS
Eigen Value Assessments of Structural Mode Shapes
Natural frequency analysis, including the effects of added-mass from entrained fluids, is used to diagnose and remedy structural damage resulting from vibration caused by propeller-induced pressure pulses, main engine, or other rotating machinery.
ENGINEERING DESIGN AND DRAFTING
Effective and Practical Solutions
PET uses proven analytical methods and years of experience to identify and address marine structural concerns. Practical and effective design enhancements are clearly presented on engineering drawings appropriate for Class approval.
ON-SITE ENGINEERING SUPPORT
Real-Time Support Anywhere in the World
PET has decades of analytical and field experience, allowing us to quickly identify potential areas of concern, make practical repair recommendations, and assist with large-scale modifications.
Our talented and deeply experienced team of electrical engineers works with our clients in all phases of electrical design. This development team has designed and developed a wide range of consumer, medical, and industrial projects, including handheld, mobile, and rugged devices. PET’s vast range of capabilities is key to clients facing high-level challenges like time-to-market, cost, and reliability, or design challenges like layout, high-speed integrity, and tight specifications.
For all electrical engineering services, PET has you covered.
PET’s electrical engineers work closely with the in-house mechanical, design, and software teams to solve system-level problems like tight packaging and integration, thermal and cooling issues, reducing weight, decreasing BOM cost, and seamless customer-product interaction. At PET cross-over collaboration among our teams is seamless and interactive.
Our team has a wide skillset and over 75 years of combined experience, our skills include:
Medical – Mechanical Engineering Expertise and Services
- Advanced enclosure design
- Assembly instructions
- Automation and robotics
- CAD/CAE technology assessment
- Class A surfacing
- Complex mechanisms
- Compliance testing
- Component specification
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Create testing goals
- Design for assembly and disassembly
- Design for FDA and ISO certifications
- Design for manufacture (all processes)
- EMI and ESD solutions
- Functional prototyping
- Global sourcing
- Hydraulics and pneumatics
- Kinematic analysis
- Linear and nonlinear static analysis
- Manufacturing ramp up support
- Material selection
- Molded part design
- Motion control systems
- Motors and actuators
- Normal modes analysis
- Operational testing
- Performance and reliability testing
- Precision positioning mechanisms
- Process debug
- Prototype and production tooling
- Random vibration analysis
- Service and user manuals
- Steady state and transient heat transfer
- Structural analysis
- T1 plastics review
- Test-analysis correlation
- Tolerance and dimensional analysis
- Tooling design and specification
- Tooling design support
- Transient and frequency response
Medical – Electrical Engineering Expertise and Services
- Analog/mixed signal design
- Battery-powered devices
- Capacitive touch
- Concept and specification
- Consumer Electronics
- Cost Reduction
- Design for high volume manufacturing
- Design for Manufacture/Test
- Embedded Systems
- EMI/EMC and ESD testing
- Flex circuit and Rigid/Flex Design
- Functional prototyping
- Heaters and coolers
- High-speed Signal Design
- Laboratory/Scientific/Professional Devices
- Life testing
- Measurement systems
- Medical Devices
- Mobile Devices
- Motors and motion control
- PCB design and layout
- Power supplies
- Product verification and validation
- Project Phases
- Proof-of-concept and Prototypes
- Regulatory and compliance testing
- Reliability testing
- Risk management
- Schematic development and capture
- Sensors and signal conditioning
- Signal integrity analysis and testing
- Signal processing
- SPICE and circuit simulation
- System integration
- Systems and Control
- Test and measurement
- Testing and Analysis
- User interfaces
- Wireless communication
Phoenix Engineering Technologies understands the regulatory processes required for engineering and development of medical devices. PET brings decades of experience, state-of-the-art technology, skills, innovative thinking, strong focus on quality, and we go above and beyond to ensure compliance with FDA regulations.
From developing software and firmware for medical electronics to the physical design of each medical device, PET Development’s team of designers and engineers work collectively to meet each project’s objectives. Our multidisciplinary approach creates unique product solutions and allows us to carry products through all stages of development – discovery, concept, refinement, production, and beyond.
Our dedication, integrity, passion, and multidisciplinary approach is your assurance that your project will be completed efficiently and cost-effectively.
Phoenix Engineering Technologies, an extensively experienced global leader in design engineering services, delivers a broad spectrum of reliable and efficient rail solutions, including:
• Weight and space savings
• Assembly and tolerance benefits
• Structural integrity
• Analysis for: Crash, Noise, Stress, Vibration
• Interior structures
• Component repair and overhaul
• Smart Cabin Solution
• First class cabin solution
• Preliminary Design of complex systems and subsystems
• Design Specifications
• Verification and validation
• Test signaling system
• Telecom Network Integration
• Technical Documentation
• Mechanical and Electrical Integration (drawing, diagrams, work instructions)
Decades of experience allow us to provide solutions tailored to enhance operational efficiencies and increase reliability, creating substantial benefits for operators, passengers, and the environment.
Phoenix Engineering Technologies acts as an extension to your team, a reliable, efficient, and committed partner, supporting you with cutting edge engineering solutions, combining technology with empathy, keeping safety, people, product design, and regulatory standards as the number one priority.
Sat Network & Communications
PET-Sat network has 20 years’ experience in satellite communication networks. We design, assist in manufacturing, operate, and transfer full communications networks. We offer the following services and solutions:
- All satellite access technologies (C, Ku, Ka)
- Multimedia satellite communication networks
- TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) star topology networks with asymmetrical data behavior
- High-speed Internet access
- Voice, centralized data, remote security, distant learning, and
- Global systems integration
- Broadband communication systems design
- Reduced overall costs both in recurring and non-recurring for the above applications.
Global Networks and Systems
With a network of C, Ka, and Ku-band earth stations, we support solutions for data, voice, fax, and video either via customer-dedicated networks or on a cost-effective, shared-hub basis.
Our teleport support system and co-located network hubs combine with the satellite, the VSAT terminals and earth stations to provide global coverage.
Experienced with Products
A complete range of equipment and services for satellite communications systems projects are available from the top manufacturers including: Advantech, AnaCom, iDirect, Terrasat, Agilis, Skyware Global, ASC, General Dynamics, Miteq, Mitec, Xicom, Paradise Datacom, Teledyne, Cross Technologies.
Our International satellite network service
We offer the enterprise user high functionality and turn-key implementation, providing reliable, cost-efficient data network functionality as well as toll-quality telephony for rural, thin-route public or private networks.
Business Satellite Service gives you:
- High speed internet access without the necessity of additional phone lines – VoIP –
- ‘Always on’ connection
- High speed downloads
- Faster upload speeds
Telecommunications carrier, content and applications service provider, cable service provider, satellite broadcasting operator, and cloud communications service provider. Some of the renowned players in the industry are AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner to name a few.
The major trends in the Industry include Cloud and Customer experience. Telecoms have already made investments to the tune of $200-300 Bn in Cloud. This reflects Telecoms’ urgency to embrace the new technology and subsequently offer both private and public Cloud services. In the area of Customer Experience, organizations are striving to harness the potential of internet of things (IoT) and expand to adjacent service spaces.
PET helped clients set up an architecture for handling a large data set along with a virtual dashboard for real-time operational analytics and reporting.