To lead electrical integration in new product design and development of automotive product by coordinating with industrial designer and manufacturing vendors for prototype development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for developing methods and procedures to ensure product designs of any relevant Electrical or electro-mechanical assemblies are in conformance with all relevant standards.
- Coordination with industrial designer for developing concept and refinements based on feedback
- Conduct regular design review with international customer
- Designs,fabricates,and evaluates components or circuitry for use in electronic equipment.
- Coordinate with manufacturing vendors (local & International) for prototype development and procurement
- Conducts user/ergonomic studies during the product developmentprocess
- Apply Design to Cost and Design for Manufactur ability methods for efficient design optimization
- Ensure product design comply for reliability,functionality and market ability
- Support the development of products inline with functional and performance requirements in all aspects of the product design criteria, product function and customerneeds
- Works with Engineers to research customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs orapplications
- Supports the organization’s intellectual property strategy by documenting data and independent,unique
- and patentable ideas that results from experimentations and concept generation activities
- Ability to track all Electrical Design and integration activities to support and ensure project timelines and quality commitments
- Actasliaison to all projects take holders,both internal and external for smooth project execution
- This is a very high confidential work and will not be discussed or exposed to anybody who is not part of project, hence requires a legal binding withpaperwork.
- Should have 8-15 years of relevantexperience
- Min 5 years relevant experience in product design and development with detail understanding of the Two-wheeler product developmentcycle
- Handson exposure on harness routing and concept generation on 3D CAD tool(SOLIDWORKSpreferred)
- Experience on coordination with international customers to conduct design reviews and reportstatus
- Experience on coordination with manufacturing vendors and procurement for prototypedevelopment
B. Tech / M. Tech / Doctorate in Electrical/ EEE Engineering from a reputed Institution
- From Design & Development perspective, shouldhave
- Exposure on technical Requirements collection andmanagement
- Hands on experience on concept development per industrial design and validate DesignConcepts
- Competency for conducting research for design objective and overcomechallenges
- Exposure on RequirementsManagement
- Excellent knowledge of AC and DC electrical powersystems
- Good knowledge of selection of connector and wire diameter based onapplication.
- Good understanding one lectrical integration inproduct for lighting connectivity and battery managementsystem
- Experience in Electrical System Design & Installation and Electrical HarnessRouting
- Ability to gather information from the customer and interpret the data for harness routingdesign
- Ability to verify Harness rules application in 3D model of harnessrouting
- Ability to understand and create Block Diagram or Electrical Schematic diagram for new andexisting product.
- Should have expertise in proto development and coordination with local and international supplier
- Should have detail understanding of Grounding and Bounding calculationapproach
- Should have ability to understand and write Acceptance Test plan for assigned product.
- Proficient in offering technical solutions(especially in the case of innovation/costreduction techniques) with the help of customer focal.
- Must have excellent oral and written communicationskills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers as well as internal and externalcustomers
- Should have Quality Conscious&self-driven approach with flexibility to learn new technologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks andpriorities.